Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2020

day 385 of the apocalypse 9, 13; what's for dinner

My vacation is officially over.  
The day after Christmas, the first Day of Kwanza with its 7 noble African values.
I have a week and a day to finish and file the first set of grants and to put something provisional  in place covering what otherwise has been developed in the last few weeks while addressing these issues.  I should be approximately ready for the first two by the deadline of the 4th, I'd say I'm ready now; but that may or may not be true.

The longer version is due a week later fall into the same category of being mostly, but not completely prepared.

The idea of secondary equivalence which is not set out anywhere here really throws a wrench in the whole thing; but is too likely a result and says too much that makes sense to ignore.

That problem aside, a prosecution question mark at the very least; a redrawing issue of some consequence, there is a lot of order to the new work which should make it easier to fit into one place or the other and all the basics are laid out, a little repetitively, but laid out, already with artwork and words; and at last check the lengths seemed to check out.  Everything formally filed seems to be where it needs to be.

I am still a couple of weeks away from my counseling meeting, it will be too late to help with any of the things set out above, but it just will not get here.  I saw this course, 
Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT, in futurelearn and signed up for it; not sure of the scope of the cbt thing, that will be the first thing I'll learn if I attend.
There was a page or two of disclaimers which I skimmed over.  Perhaps your anger has already started to cure me.  My memory for such things seems to be defective; but I think I will skim over everything that is written and see if there is something I can hold onto.  If things change enough, perhaps I can move on in a way that is meaningful and that brings some fulfillment.  I would recommend it to anyone else; dreams of fulfilment from where I am sound absurd to me.

I still haven't done the yoga I keep promising myself.  I'd like to skip exercising completely today, although I finally fixed that slow leak (apparently it resulted from a prior patch beginning to fail, go figure) yesterday and assuming the tires are holding air today, it would be a good day for a test ride.  It is, however, pretty cold right now.

In addition, those pull ups have caught up with me, I could really use a massage; bad timing with the end of the world.  It could have something to do with a few days without swimming too, but I think I was just swimming so that doesn't seem so likely.

I think I'll try my extended back exercises which deal with that; but it appears to be one strained muscle in my shoulders.  It would be easier to deal with if i had a massage, but only with someone who knew what they were doing and could get the kink out; something I'm not going to look for in these times when even a haircut seems to be taking your life in your hands.

Here's an interesting feeding: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-12-26/mallard-to-go-dig-of-pompeii-fast-food-place-reveals-tastes article.  I have eaten a number of very good, but simple meals lately and this makes me wonder what was happening in Pompeii in 79, what spices were added to the food, what vegetables or salads they might have eaten on the street.  I have had a craving for tamales and enchiladas recently and wonder if they had anything to carry the soups in given the fact that bowls would have been available only to those who brought their own, presumably.  Or was there some other option?

And then there was this: from how long ago.

Scientific American: Have We Mismeasured the Universe?. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/have-we-mismeasured-the-universe/

It is not appropriate in every case, but when it is, the usual response to I love you, is I love you too; unless you don't.  People need to be careful with that word love, it is too carelessly tossed around.  And perhaps it is occasionally withheld when it is warranted.  The same can be said with hello or good-bye, but without the personal exposure that is tied to the subject of this paragraph.  If someone says hello and you don't answer back, it suggests an insult, the options where goodbye is not answered are even more diverse, less sinister in some cases, more so in others.
How strange it is to reach out and hear nothing in response, but an echo of your own words; but there is great peace in being alone too.

No comments:

Post a Comment