Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2022

3.19.22 4 doors opened, maybe

 It has been a busy day.

I barely looked at work.  I slept late, after 7, drank my coffee and immediately started cleaning the house that should be our house because someone was coming to look at it and it is nothing but dirt and construction materials without you in it.

It looks good, although the pool needs to be sanded and painted.  It can likely survive this summer , but for what reason I cannot imagine.  I think about what I should try, perhaps the waterproof epoxy over the life that has taken over so much of one side.  I already have it, there is little to lose except the time in the experiment.  It was 68 degrees before things started to cool down, a mere 4 degrees below a swimable temperature.  Will I miss going to the gym?  Will I start riding there and lifting weights again?  Covid is a wild card.

I could tell the people who looked loved the house, and who wouldn't.  The world is ash without you in it, so I can sell a house that I love and which provided me comfort when you were not there, a cold sterile comfort.  The desk that I continue to use, that is a bright spot even today when I am tired from cleaning and walking the dog and all that dust I inhaled outside, outside which looks so nice and is so warm in the sun and cool in the shade.

The open doors hold a lot of work as the ticket to move through, maybe I will pick up the pen again this evening.  I will start counting down the swims that remain at the pool, one is due tomorrow although in the last 7 days I have 3 for more than 6000 yards and there is much else there.  Tomorrow, I think, I will ride the bike and take advantage of this weather before the heat kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment