Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

DQ 14

Seventy Percent answered the door to Don Q's house.
The man of the coat and top hat was there with another man dressed in a brown suit.
"May we come in?"
"Please come in, Don Q is waiting for you at the kitchen table."
The house was much cleaned up by now.  Seventy Percent had cleaned the house finishing what Don Q started.
"Can you show me where the motorcycle was?" asked the other man in a calm voice.
The back wall where it had been torn out was reinforced with new studs and heavy plastic had been nailed over the opening which came in and went back out with the wind from outside.  The room was brighter with the opening and many boxes, some still unopened remained along with tools, now neatly gathered together.  The room smelled lightly of oils, but the boxes that had been opened were gone.
"Hmmmm," was all the man in the brown suit said.
"I am David Curate," the man in brown said as he introduced himself to Don Q who was pouring over a manual.  Others, with pictures of motorcycles were scattered on the kitchen table along with several well worn books on adventures, perhaps all dealing with motorcycles or self determination.  A copy of Siddhartha caught his eye in particular.
"You are the psychologist, aren't you?"
"Well, I am a psychiatrist, but I consider myself just a social worker."
"Well, ask your questions, I am yours to examine."
"It is not really an examination I am after.  Your friends are worried about you."
"My associates, perhaps my family, I have very few friends."
"Well, even a single friend is often enough."
Don Q did not respond, but continued his reading.
"What are you working on?"
"I want to make sure the motorcycles will start when they are oiled and fueled.  I want to know how to oil and fuel them.  I want to make sure I did nothing wrong when I assembled them.  I am planning on ridding them across the country."
"That sounds like a quite an adventure."
"Exactly so."
"Well, what are your plans."
"I will take to the road and I will look out for everyone who I come across.  Does that make me mad?"
"No, I suppose it does not.  It is admirable.  Do you plan to do anything illegal?"
"I don't plan to govern my life by another's laws, but I intend to do what is right."
"How will you know what is right?"
"How would you have me know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment