Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rules for Examining what you are doing with life 1

Rules for Examining what you are doing with life
1) Why am I doing this?
2) Am I choosing to do this?
3) How do I reward myself for what I do until I get the ultimate payoff?

I could say a lot about these rules, and I think I will, but not tonight.  Instead I will add a few other rules:
1) What if what I'm doing gets me farther from the payoff
2) What am I willing to sacrifice to continue things as they are
3) What will it mean later if I do or don't do something
4) If it means worrying or hurting someone you love, is it really worth the cost of inaction?

And finally the quote

"If one does not know to which port he is sailing, no wind is favorable."  Seneca

I think when it was told to me, it was, "No wind is a bad wind if you don't know which port you are sailing to."  Both mean something similar, but not the same.

And
Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan. John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment