Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Zeno-Socrates dialogs Chapter 16 (of 17)

Zeno's paradoxes as the predecessor of all hologram theory: The Zeno-Socrates dialogs:
The Zeno-Socrates dialogs
Chapter 16
By Exia, a servant in Zeno's house and future grandmother to Eudoxus of Cnidus.
Post Script:


In the same courtroom many years later. Socrates is an old man. Zeno and Parmenides are both long dead. What little is left of them are in notes in a book owned by Socrates.


Socrates stands ready to die. He had been convicted of not believing in the Gods of Athens. The same crime he had been charged with many years before with Zeno and Parmenides.


“Plato, it is good of you to come see me in this time of peril.”


“You may avoid the death penalty Socrates my friend.  All you need do is renounce  your allegiance to the ideas of Zeno and Parminides.  I have spoken to Solon who feels compelled by your own decision to chose death, but also refused to carry it out if it can be avoided.”


“Thank you Plato.  You were once a child I knew, once a student, but you are now my friend.  And as my friend, I would ask you to let me die now in peace and true to my belief.”


“Is there nothing I can do Socrates to change your mind.”


“These events have already happened Plato, it only remains for me to act them out on this stage at this time.  With me will die the portions of the theories that were not disclosed in the histories in this book.  It is dangerous for you to do anything with them yourself, but take them to my house and give them to Exia there.  She will know what to do with them.”


As Plato left, an ancient man came with the poisoned wine. He was so old and withered that he could move but slowly and was as close to death as the poisoned wine.  As he placed the tray before Socrates, he spoke these words,  “I was promised I could give this to you a long time ago.”


“Draco?”


“Yesss.”


“I am surprised you lived long enough to do this. I thought you already dead.”


“I often wished I was.  There are two glasses on the tray.  One is for you, the other is for me”


“Well,” Socrates said lifting his glass, “ now we can both die together.”




No comments:

Post a Comment