Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DQ 9

"Sancho, I'm done working with anyone else, writing for anyone else, acting for anyone else," DQ told Seventy Percent.  He had started calling him Sancho which confused Seventy Percent.
I'm done working with myself either.
"Who are you working with?" Sancho asked.
"I'm working with my machine."  Seventy "Sancho" Percent looked at the collection of parts, some of which seemed assembled at random.  "I am going to forsake everyone.  If I write, it will be for the machine, if I eat, it will be for the machine.  I want you to go with me."
"I don't have a motorcycle."
"There are two of them."
"What did you say?"
"There are two frames, go look if you don't believe me."
"Well, you know they say, 'seeing is believing'."  Sancho went into the room.  "Holy mother of mine!"  There were two.  Of course, neither looked much like a motorcycle.  Seventy was fairly certain that one of the wheels was mounted to the steering column of one of the frames.
Senor," Seventy said, "I do not know how to ride a motorcycle."
"I will teach you.  I will make you famous."
"I don't want to be famous, Senor."
"I will pay you well, I will make you rich."
"how will you make me rich."
"Everyone who goes on a motorcycle on a trip of this type is rich and if we do not make money, I will pay you the equivalent of a year's wage."
"When will you start paying me?"  Up till now Don had only provided money for groceries, although it meant that Seventy Percent could bring some food home. Don seemed to be getting skinnier by the day.  Seventy even felt he might starve to death.  What would people say to him then. "The hungry bird flies south with the coming of winter," he mumbled.
"Yes, Sancho, we will fly with the coming of winter and we will follow the sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment