Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

cool, quiet mornings

It is cool this morning.  The hottest days of summer are ahead, but today you could easily imagine that fall was here.  The pool is a light blue, as clear as the air.  The trees are full of different shades of green with spots of color darting through them.  Yesterday a parking lot was full of sea-gulls which must be a sign of something, perhaps a storm coming, global warming or hungry seagulls.
Even though I am near the center of a city, the yard is so deep that there is only a sliver through which I can see adjoining houses in the distance, perhaps a quarter mile off.  If I was going to stay here, I'd plant a tree there, perhaps a magnolia, and the house would be totally isolated except for the sounds of the city which are muffled like the wind that blows over a mountain.
I have been living a quiet life, perhaps too quiet.  I find myself rarely wanting to talk to anyone.  I think of my friend moving to a 900 square foot house in Montana and I am jealous that he has someone he could live there with, or at least that he thinks he could live there with.    I share my quiet with no one and it is too real.
This dilapidated mansion gets a new roof this week, perhaps starting today.  The story is that the huge oaks overhanging the front kept the delivery truck out yesterday and they need to come up with some way to bring the materials in lower.  It made sense to pass that expense, the roof, on to the next buyer, but when you can see the sky through the attic, things have to be done and I'm tired of the rain coming in when it storms at night.
I have my two projects well underway in writing.  The second edition of China's weaponized economy and the second edition of the Einstein Hologram Universe.  It is hard to pick those up again and do more without doing more research on the one and stepping back on the other.  I wonder if our economy will have time to collapse and to what purpose in such a wild and warlike place.  The new insights this gives to me only makes me morose.
I want to pick up a fun story and write it, not necessarily a happy story, I did, after all just read "The good soldier" which can hardly be called happy.  Just something where the outcome can be what I want it to be and not for a reason something where I can leave words out so that the reader...  I want to leave all the pain and heartache and go into the high desert where I don't know anyone, where I can hike far and can explore the quiet.  Where I can get bored and decide what it means if I don't..

No comments:

Post a Comment