Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

NLT-Dante vs NLT 3

There is so little that I can write compared to what I want to write.  I have a million things to say that have to go unsaid.  So what you see here is a two dimensional rendition of a three dimensional world.  My hands are tied by you and by time.
There is very little to be said for dwelling on the afterlife, but having started down that road; maybe I should finish, maybe I should not.
If I seem mad, maybe its just you only see part of me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkM_nOJ3d4
Is there Speigel's redemption for me or just doom.  Is there redemption for you?  You can read on and decide for yourself, I think there will only be two more entries on the afterlife once we get there.
Speigel talks about the "achetypal hero journey".  I apparently don't qualify, but I've spoken before of Don Quixote and perhaps he was not qualified either.  The journey described is "separation, trial, victory, return, and reintegration."  I've experienced separation, certainly trial, but victory?  No that is not for me.  Can you experience return or reintegration without victory?  I think not.
As the guide and one of the damned, I don't know what my role should be.  In this Aeneid there will be no questioning the dead, but then again; maybe that is what this is all about.  Perhaps it is best to say that in NLT I am already dead, not yet born and missing all over again the target that seemed so close.  Once I walked away from my destiny because it refused me, the second time it seemed within my grasp; but disappeared like a mist when the sun hits it.   Will there ever be another chance?  So in this death, birth, death again universe; perhaps you are listening to the dead, posts that have been written by one long dead, life, age, blindness, death, the words then reach out to you.
So who is the questioner?  In the epics, it is the hero, so I have to leave it to you to ask the questions, the silent reader.
In the epics there is a limited time, the guide rushing the hero through hades; as if there is a bus to catch at the end.  I am in no rush, because there is nothing at the end of this journey for me but more of the same, but redemption may be there for you and I will address that when we get to the lowest level of my hell.  But maybe I will never reach there, for my time is limited and seems more every day going by a day lost forever, just as you are lost forever.  So don't let me waste your time, but let me move apace.
There is much discussion of how to speak to the dead and what is building knowledge based on the past but listening to the dead?  And if we can listen, who is to say we cannot ask questions and get answers.
Like Aneids, my hell is for the saint and sinner alike.  I will discuss how it will be different; as Virgil said "We suffer each his own shade" but we share the shade, or perhap we should share it, only you can explain why we don't.  What is the difference, in the end, between the sinner and the victim?  And who, in our case is the victim?  We all think we know, we all think we understand so much, but in NLT, we don't understand at all, we are all powerful, but powerless, more like the quadriplegic than Hercules.  Dante is right, the hell we suffer corresponds to the sins but who is to say what is a sin and what is not?  What if the choices are to sin against self or another, the choice between others.
Are you going to be able to accept that you will be the same sinner and the same victim all over again?  Is an understanding of the afterlife worth that?  Virgil's people apparently believed in reincarnation, but it is something both greater and worse.
Is it possible that we could all suffer the same, when we suffer different amounts in life?  It seems impossible, but so do many things in the universe.  And how do we find redemption in this life for the next if we don't have to die in grace?  There is an answer, I think.  But the answer will have to wait, I have given all I can give for now; my energy lost in my own personal hell, wait and you will learn about redemption, I cannot continue to wait for it, but perhaps you can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw


No comments:

Post a Comment