Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2022

10922

Because you like birds

 I have brushed, flossed and gargled, now if there was someone to kiss.

It is actually the evening of 10.8.22.  I had a pnutbutter and jelly sandwich for dinner, no picture, it was the last of this watery product from publix.  good riddence.

I've started to order the rest of the stuff for the pool cleanout although with my account balances in freefall i am not too comfortable with that.  I was expecting a grant in 2019, its 2022.  Well, the end of 2019, but it looks pretty likely that i will be 3 years in the hole, the price, i suppose for being 3 years ahead of everyone else.  I think the economy has done well for me so while I am struggling a bit for the moment, I am not in the dire straits that appeared likely a few years ago or even the slightly less dire straights 12 months ago.  Indeed if i were not supporting so many others, or if my real estate sales would just go through, things would be fine for the next few years anyway.

I am still hoping for positive grant news this year even if funding is a year off, although many things will not be decided till next year and the work continues unabated with the accompanying costs either way.  I am baffled by much of the waiting.

The VC part has gotten complicated and the decisions i am waiting for from the big labs complicates this further.  Those rulings should be in any day now, so where are they?

Still, my most immediate problem was taken care of today with plenty of time to spare and I am ok with the result if not satisfied.  The next deadline is a mere 10 days off, although it is largely finished unless the help i want turns up which would be an unexpected bonus and worth the extra difficulty that would come with it.

Sunday morning.  Back to cereal and coffee.

Watched a special on russia vs ukraine and what happened in the beginning.

https://youtu.be/ZZkRvCQ8gDM

Thats a link.  clearly a propoganda piece, but i have supported ukraine for a while, even when it seemeed hopeless.  I do not understand how these things get so out of hand.

I have a todo list of things with critical deadlines, and then i have the other list, the one that includes things across many different areas, the lists of people and things to include in patents that have to be filed or those now that have to go in responses.

Things about compression increased in an area that are there and surprisingly hidden at the same time.

I am worried about the one who was supposed to help me with this, but i am also worried about how to approach funding.  Next week will be important, i say that almost every week now, but it is like that.  I do not have expectations, the gift of 6 days means that when and if things fall apart next week, i will have time to take what i already have and file it.  I do need another source of data; not sure where to look, but that data may be handed to me next week or it may continue to be a problem.  I could be doing a google search right now instead of typing this; but my one thing that i had to get done this weekend was done yesterday morning and i will work more later i suspect.

Is it for nothing and what should i be doing to speed things up or even slow them down?  Who should i  follow up with and who should I write off and what press releases should i be writing and what support should i be looking for ad on and on.  Everything is moving nicely relatively speaking, but why should it.  Why shouldnt i suddnly decide that i am wrong, delusional, that onc again in my life i have convinced people of something that is not real, in this case threatening to change every aspect of reality.

What is my reality really?

I walked with no music or sound other than those ambient, thinking about things too numerous and the miles (3) melted away, punctuated by the dog jerking to smell things for no reason.  It was a peaceful walk, but it is over now and I am not planning to swim or do any other calming activities.  Speaking of what was not calming...

Spent 350 at the grocery store, doesnt seem like i got enough.

I did get these grouper burger things which will be an interesting experiment.   4 of these for the price of one at a restaurant which is not necessarily the reason to buy anything, but then its also calculale as slightly less than the price of mid level tuna fish.  Anyway, its an experiment  The last one (fried fillets) was a complete loss.

Big risk taker here.

I would like to call about this and everything else, but it isnt time and perhaps it never will be.  That may well be on me, but it may not be only me.

I am close to finishing the edits for the response draft sans claims; and at this point those claims likely will fall on me which will require more work than the less critical set i sent in yesterday, just yesterday.

Here's an interesting, if predictable piece, makes me nostalgic, weirdly:

The Neighbors' Window - Oscar Winning Short Film - YouTube 

No comments:

Post a Comment