Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2022

10122

 It is dark outside, the cats are screaming to get out with the coyotes, driving me a little crazy.  after yesterday, i am being careful with my back which is looking to pinch a nerve.  i wonder what it looks like up close, how old and stiff and arthritic.

Today i really need to swim, with the change in temperature i have been avoiding the outdoor pool which is too green in any event.  i need to drain, sand and paint it in the next 30 days.  I have not even ordered the materials to patch it.

Today I need to take all the assembled or disassembled pieces and get the first doe grants ready to file.  I basically have this weekend and next week to get it finished and it has be be worked into everything else.  I passed on the response to get the claims fixed.  it is likely that i will have to grab those back next week but i would like to have one of the grants finished by then since the other two will look the same and one is compliant which will be easy and the other although critical, likely cannot be made to satisfy the examiner who is closed to new models.

The budget is another issue as are the numerous forms which have to be laboriously put together for the first one and then copied for the other 2.

Everything goes onl hold to write another, what can you call it, anoter love letter?  What else could it be called?  A blog post, i suppose, but that does not express what i feel when i sit down to type in the darkness.

I have said it before, i am t oo old for this. I feel fine much of the time; but I fall asleep early and so the energy which seems on the surface to be normal  comes from a limited pool and after the heavy lifting of the day, my body sends me messages which the young feeling me cannot understand.

I finished the book on electrifying America by Jonnes, a sad ending, I suppose; but also instructive to me.

I walked the dog (2 miles) to the library to return the book and then around the nearby college to get the distance in.  Still planning on swimming later, but I've spent an hour cleaning up (just touching the tip of the iceberg) the first of the 3 grants.  Going to take a break to make some lunch.

Wrote in the changes into the document due in 11 days and started the first one, but there is a long way  to go.  Then i went to the gym pool for the first time this fall and swam 1800 yds with all the im, albeit at a 200 im pace.   That plus the 2 mile walk has not exhausted me and I continued to go as easy as possible on my back.

I worked a little on the outdoor project, testing my thoughts and in fact i was able to add a little security to things, but there is much to do there yet although I can pour concrete tomorrow now.

I saw a field of sunflowers with a rusting tank in front of it, the current battleground, so incredibly beautiful and horrible.



No comments:

Post a Comment