Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2022

7.29.22-30

 I didn't mention but despite the crazy wakings all night my watch which gave me no ims for 2k yrds said I had 8.47 of sleep and indeed I did sleep until almost 630 inexplicable.   Again last night I got 8.5 hours of sleep.  I rode my bike to work.

Then without a break and very little water I walked the dog, jumping in the pool at the end of all that to cool off, but afterwards I had to brush the pool yet again as even with the regular maintenance this hot weather threatens to get ahead of me.  I should run the pump tonight, but I am not.

I am tired and taking a break from work.

7.30.22

I do not need much content for a post, but i read for a long time last night.  It is 5am and i couldn't sleep after a couple of days of sleeping till 6 or 630 even.  I am not thrilled with the battery life of the new computer which is light but which seems to only have an unplugged battery life of a few hours instead of the 7 promised.  Probably a reason it is not more expensive.

Today, theoretically, the newer version of the extension for extra monitors comes in and if it works, then i will send the other one back and will have a single plug in to go multiple monitors, mouse and keyboard or portable.

I am making progress with the provisional.  Slow, but steady at least.  I am waiting for two last reviews on the AF grant and then i am ready to file it although i have low expectations.  it is an opportunity to save the world so there is that.

I am trying to work around the constant interruptions and pressures that sometimes seem overwhelming, but i put them in perspective and they go away.  I badly want to go to NM, but the patent stuff and grant deadlines make it unlikely.  

China-Taiwan; Russia-Ukraine; Jan. 6-S.ct-orweillian congress; climate change-super v-magnetosphere; so much to take in and so much to deal with.

A 3 mile walk, it was supposed to rain today according to yesterday, then not, then it rained anyway, thundering till now.

The part came in I was waiting for.  Either it works and I return the old one or it doesn't.

6:00 pm, added a 1600yd swim (1k im) to the walk.

Well, it didn't work, but I'm going to try some customer support before giving up.  Not overly happy, this has been a c-f.

I am also working on this tc purchase which is fked up for whatever reason.

Worst still, i am convinced i have to make my science work to save the planet. I will spare you the articles bemoaning the end of the world.

I am not sure if I can do it without you, I don't even know if I'm supposed to.

The AC died today too, wonderful day.  Fortunately there is a backup and an appointment already scheduled for Tuesday.  I can always go to New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment