Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2022

7.9.22

 430, i was awoken to base equations and dreams of looking for something lost with my dear, ailing friend, a strange combination of mathematics and nightmare.  I might have been able to go to sleep and finish the nightmare, but i had to write down the mathematics, because it might be the thing i am looking for.

I may have stepped over the line this past week, it is a very emotional time of the year and even if it was not, these feelings which i should keep to myself, or abandon completely are stronger than you can imagine; unless you have them yourself.  I have some stuff to deal with.

No sign of light this morning, stars and a cat howling to get out so i went outside and sprayed the yard like some witch doctor having a large screwdriver so i could throw something in case i saw a coyote.  The cat has stayed on teh deck so far, i am out in the heat with it.

I have to make a list of power companies and add it to my other lists.  With the internet this is pretty easy and getting a top or bottom or middle 40 wont be a challenge, but I am typing on my pad, so doing the reseach now is out of the question given my eyesight. Public relations, quality control, management, who to reach out to is the bigger question.  And speaking of questions, i need more of those.  I really am making progress, I am one grant short of having a reprieve of sorts and teh people I am working with right now are the right people.  If i could save the world for...well that way takes me down that road we have already gone too far down this week.

I get a lot of done in these early mornings.  I have come back to this.  No light at tthe top of the trees, but there are pink clouds in a bluish sky now.  I ate cereal and i am close to the bottom of my cup of now lukewarm coffee.  it will not get cold out here.

Speaking of computers, i guess yesterday was officially a week after I mailed it off, Tuesday will be a week after it arrived (overnight with the 4th of july w/e).  There are problems, maybe they did not have a keyboard or pad in stock, but details are scanty.  I have a pretty good backup system, 3 screens and 90% of the software I need and about the same speeds; but it would be nice to use the laptop up here.  I may keep the backup system as the primary even though it is a little slower so that I can use the laptop as a laptop.  That assumes it will come back working.  I spilled coffee on it and I let them know this when I filed the claim but they still maysay it is not covered, i do not have a copy of the warranty and i am surprised it even exists.

I assume next week, supply chain issues notwithstanding, I will have more information, if I have the unit itself, so much the better.  I have to return the fencing I bought, a problem that I have to deal with this morning. I would be willing to take a store credit for it.  There is more brickwork to deal with, epoxy issues, etc.  I did use the 3M stuff (probably 40 or 50 years old) to do some additional repairs that superglue did not work on.  This is truely a miraculous chemical, I will put it in here.  super weatherstrip and gasket adhesive (wonderful name).  I wonder if time is part of the magic, it is barely usable in its current form and viscosity, but it does a job of holding stuff together which is extraordinary.  It was a very weird thing to pull out of the toolbox and was not supposed to even work or be usable, but there it is.  I need some brown touch up paint, of course, for the car, but the car is a mess anyway.  It is full light now, I think I can go in.

another year, still in a prison of my own making.


No comments:

Post a Comment