Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

8.30.22


 Did not sleep well last night.  Only sign of illness this morning was drainage and a sore throat, likely secondary to drainage and not illness itself.  It has been forever since the house was sprayed for insects so at 4am the kitchen looked like one of those old paintings which are a little too realistic in some respects.

I was only up their briefly, eating half a banana that was likely also breakfast for some of those bugs and to make a chamomile tea.  I have been up since 1:30,  trying to go back to sleep, but it was hopeless from the beginning.  Coughing (not so bad now) and congestion (also not so bad now) kept me awake after I laid down at 8.  That 5.5 hours is enough, but being sick and given the number of times i got up in the night, etc; i tried for 2.5 hours to go back to sleep, but i had a notice at 2 that the power went out at the office which may mean nothing or that my ac unit was stolen.  There is not much at the office that justifies a b&e charge, but no criminal would know that and it could certainly cause me untold grief if it happened.

I badly need to sell or rent out the office.

I hear an owl hooting loudly outside.  Good morning to you too.

It's hurricane Katrina day.  How I love you still....The dog is down here with me, guarding me I suppose, although there is no much he can do for the things that bother me, the inability to reach over and wake you in the night, the new science issue which is so obvious that it seems like i must have tripped over it a dozen times, the need to guard animals from disease, owls and coyotes, and on and on.  This morning is one of those mornings when I would have been terrified of the night in NM; but how different is it really there?  How much more alone there then here?

When I finish the tea, i will likely lay down again.  I doubt it will make a difference.  Not coughing much now that I am drinking something hot.

That was a waste of time. It's 530am, couldn't sleep but I feel much better. Not good to miss so much sleep but I've written today off after 11 so I can nap if I get tired. I feel like swimming might be a good idea,  flush the lungs and such but not yet most likely.

Right now I feel a little feverish and tired.

Well even though I was working outside and hot, my temperature only registered at 97 degrees.  I dont think that is right, but it is the news of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment