Pages

Monday, August 8, 2022

8.8.22

I hit under 171 (170 point something) yesterday afternoon, the first time I had a weight that low that late in the day.

I did not weigh this morning.  Should have, but slept badly.  Went to sleep early enough, a little before 10; but then woke at 1 and was more or less awake for two hours, mind racing with the claims I need to amend, the applications i need to put together.

I could have slept a little late because i did fall asleep; but the damn cats went nuts, i think they woke me up in the first place at 1am and then the dog joined in so i was up at 6.  Stilll, it was enough even thought it was only just over 6 hours.  I have a couple of hours before my day starts in earnest, but its time to get to work.

It did however get me working on that project which is due on the 8th and which i will get to over the next week or two, much depending on what happens today.

What i did not do yesterday was swim and there was a price for not exercising as much as I need to to sleep.  How you wound me every day or how I wound myself.

 In life it is not where you go, it is who you travel with. 

That is what my travelog says, its set for tomorrow to file the air force grant that is already filed.  I have to file the doe LOI before the 29th, still some time considering I have aleady filed it 3 or 4 times.  Still, something I have to do.

I spent the afternoon doing temporary repairs.  the extent of the repairs includes beginning some repairs that turned out to be a little beyond caulk.  There are materials for dealing with rotting wood and I have to thread the needle between replacing some pretty important board and batten siding which i am not going to do at this time and just using caul to hold together rotting wood.  Some of the options are as complicated as replacing the wood, but the option I am looking at is a middle ground, neither complex nor expensive; nor I am afraid, altogether adequate, but this plus some paint will keep the building togehter for a few years to come and where will I be by then?

Colorful Food.


You see when I cook for myself I eat ok, no take out, balanced colors.  OK, mac and cheese isnt healthy, but chops and mac and cheese are a pairing from my youth.

I am pretty limited in what is left although there is plenty of food yet.

Well, the call went ok, despite waking me up, I have started down the path in a very preliminary way of amending claims and will put together one set for both I suspect.  Before the call a neightbor called to tell me, uncharacteristically, that the dog had unilaterally exited the back yard (really need to deal with fencing like now) so stopping very briefly to pick up some of the building supplies i need to prevent my office from falling down in the next 30 days and noting for the record that i am not particulalrly thrilled with the way that is going i got home and the dog did not seem upset enough.

I did some very minimal painting and i think it had time to mostly dry before it sprinkled and hopefully that will not hurt the paint.

It rained till I was forced to go out in a sprinkle to walk. I am considering swimming, but its  unlikely although the storms are beginning to break up.  We'll see.  I at least got my steps in and walked the dog and another sleepless nght does not worry me this early in the evening.  I cleared off much of my email.

Good 🌃 how I wish I could say that in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment