Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

5.10.22

 I edited my post right up till I slept yesterday.

I thought about weighing this morning but is is 5am.  I did get 7 hours of sleep which is enough for me if not my watch.  I rarely use my watch to measure my sleep because i take it off most nights (the monitorig lights flash bright green if it is not tight and tight is not a good idea for me) but interestingly the last few times i have worn it i have gotten no deep sleep.  This worries me.  I have plenty of disturbing dreams, but oddly no deep sleep.  Before this was limited to 20 or 30 minutes a night, never an hour; but none makes me wonder.

I had digestion trouble, mostly from the yogurt i ate after dinner which otherwise was fine and which i dont know that i really wanted looking back on it, a manufactured desert.

the rain has stopped again, the heat has come, although it is cool this morning and i could walk or ride to work today i think.  There are reasons to do neither.  it is dark and quiet outside, although the birds have begun to sing, perhaps because of the lamp on inside.

There is much to do yet even having fed the animals who like being fed this early for whatever reason.

It is 11. I rode my bike and stopped by the overly religious coffee shop for the first time.  The door was locked but they opened it saying "they were praying."  If not for the religious aspect of this, I'd say it was run by two very Christian lesbians; and personally I don't think god would mind if it was, but different people look at these things differently and I really have no reason for that belief other than they were very nice.  Roasted and Grounded (https://www.randgcoffeehouse.com/ from a chapter in the bible). 

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

 Now I have spent a lot of time thinking about how god thinks and I have found comfort in religion even though my beliefs are colored with the crayons of science, so I am not being flippant even though I have reservations.

The coffee was good, but I only took a couple of sips because I had a 1/3 cup of coffee before I left and I really had only wanted to stop because I pass by it every time I ride my bike to my office (coming through the back parking lot) and it is sort of a neighborhood coffee shop and I was not altogether certain they even sold coffee.  I would have liked a cinnamon roll, but I'm pretty fat right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment