Pages

Monday, May 9, 2022

5.9.22

 Much of  the potential of last week is being broken up, put off.  It is a reminder that there is much to be done without the resources necessary.  I am p. 51 of 66 which is good, but it means that this modest target for the weekend was not met despite focusing on it.  Of course, there was exercise and sleep and the distractions that go along with a complicated life.

The pool is blue and largely clear this morning.  I only have a few minutes to write today if I am not to fall behind, so i will post this and come back later if time allows.

Pacing:

It is 3:00.  At 11 I looked up and wondered how it could not still be before 9.  I did get several things off of the calendar.  I started the edits to the presentation for thursday and entered perhaps 1/4 of the edits which should allow me to begin to finish the application due now in by 5/22 (impossible task given what it has to cover).

Had an important conference call, the solution I developed for fiberglass is not known at least to the expert that I am working with.  That is a big plus, whether it will last or not.  I have 48 pages to edit if I finish them, although I think I'll have to focus on where the deadlines live and not what I'd like to do if I had the time to dedicate to this.

Got excellent feedback on the presentation, but the work that it entails will take time, a big part of the morning went into that.  I have a couple of emails to return on this which are direct to the goal at hand.

I have to go swim so i can refocus, eyes and concentration both shot otherwise. 

Only 1500 yards, 30 minutes, but it did the trick.

The church bells chimed 7.  I just finished (before second burnout) entering the edits.  I have another days worth of those edits 20 pages left to edit and enter and then it is time to begin to finalize things.

This uncertainty between us is difficult to ignore, although to be honest i have had precious little time to think about it.  The sun is filtering through a cedar tree, the namesake of the street, a sad relic of another time when mirror lake was cold, clean in a wild sort of algae covered bottom way where i learned to swim and never imagined i could live in a house like this one.

I want to explore these feelings in a desperate sort of way, but I have to get the work done because I cut off another  head of the hydra today which means two more to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment