Pages

Friday, May 27, 2022

5.27.22 current events

 The shooting in texas is an overwhelming story, but the story is merely the repetition of a story which occurs over and over again and will continue because there are no term limits.  Other things matter, but the problems with our government start there wherever they end up later.  The same can be said to be a cause in Russia.

That does not change the nightmare of the story and I don't want to address that since there are similar stories everywhere, everyday.  I stand with the world to some extent; what to do I do not know.  

This would not fix the lies and misdirection that some newscasters put out there, but maybe the audience would change.  

I don't dwell on these issues, because that is not my purpose here or in life, but like the war, this is a pervasive story and problem and horrible as it is, it is only as horrible as what people have to live with in Africa and what some have experienced in Europe.  People are horrible and that is the bottom line and they always have been and always will be and it makes my efforts to save people somewhat less pressing, although in a predetermined universe which I believe we live in we are all innocent after a fashion.

Having built my world around something which doesn't exist, it is easy to be cynical about things; and the horrors that bombard me constantly these days are no different than those which bombarded me all my life and which history shows to be the result of what we are as a group, which we can blame on predestination; but which is still a horror show.

Now on a "brighter" note, I watched the depp-heard closing arguments (call it a masters class despite teh issues with them); and I will admit I saw very very little of anything else.  Depp has quite a legal burden and while I have seen quite a bit of what might be both sides and there is a lot of "hate" that i have heard about; I'd have a difficult time of arriving beyond a reasonable doubt (not the standard) that an alcoholic didn't ever do any violence even if there was no evidence one way or another; although I don't mean to say that there are not peaceful drunks.

Did the two short bike rides to work and back, now I have to walk the dog.

Will I come back here?  Perhaps, perhaps not.


No comments:

Post a Comment