Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

5.18.22

My eyes hurt, but I have a little more time to do the bare minimum.

Perhaps part of the problem is that I am satisfied with the repairs on my car for the moment even though they are striking.  It is good to work with your hands.

My vision is playing tricks on me.  I can barely see what I am typing.

There was good news on one front, even though these things in the future stretch on interminably.

At the same time that deal in north of my mother's birth state appears to be in a state of confusion and collapse although with so much uncertainty it is difficult to understand.

I made an initial stab at some necessary repairs to the house, but ran out of  caulk long before the need for it expired.  It may still be enough since the remainder requires a different type which I may have I think.

I swam a mile, after so many days swimming in a row it was not easy.  The sun was hot, but the water cool.

I am trying to get clarity on going out west and at the same time waiting for results from 1000 things, but three out there in particular.

I see that though it is only may, the storms are coming.

  1. The war confuses me and I worry for those who are the most worthy of concern if one goes in for all of that in a predetermined universe where my work means nothing no matter what else it means.



 One of the opening avenues was the TIPP/directorates NSF engines Regional-Appears to be all india-american driven.  Makes me happy I filed in India.  A very weird program and another example of things being drawn out too far.  I am now 3 years into the grant process and while much has been accomplished, much learned and the potential has grown from where it was by a substantial amount, in terms of applications and grant possibilities, the lack of success is frustrating.  

That partnerships have been established to pursue these at multiple levels are great, but may be inadequate.  I have to accept where I am which is not a terrible place to be although I continue to run out of runway and the pathways to deal with that have to be put in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment