Pages

Friday, June 10, 2022

6/10/22

Had some scary time today.

 More work to do but I did the equiv of a one mile swim and with all the im last night after the last of the thunder knowing rain was likely tomorrow.  At 730 pm i felt quite invigorated and there was a focus on some weight bearing upper body to the extent that can be done in the pool.

It was hard catching my breath, the heat of the water and the humidity perhaps but I felt charged afterwards and like despite the worry and stress that I would sleep well. 

Today it was a 2.5 mile walk while a storm brewed in from the west, then 1000 yards, including 800 im (a little over the min) while the sky turned increasingly threatening and the trees whipped about.  That was unsafe; but things here have been beyond miserable and getting hit by lightening would have been a mixed bag, death with peace perhaps.

The dog who is terrified of lightening sensed the need to stay close to the pool so I had a thunder barometer and I had tea for lunch and if life was a bit more dear it would have been a big risk; but it wasn't and this gave me some relief from OD'ing on caffeine. Anyway, it's raining now so I was ahead of that and while I can still feel the effects of too much caffeine and the separation anxiety which has been here for almost a year strangely unabated; i can also benefit from a little privacy and the aftereffects of a minimal swim.

The grant work is done for the immediate present although I am going to do some signal work potentially over the w/e and may look at this other direct to phase 2 concept which is a bridge too far, but it can be qualified to get at least one af mission statement out there; but my concern for this issue is minimal.  If I file nothing more i can get turned down for nothing more, but it is an interesting exercise if it is possible.

I'm stressed out but also exhausted.  I have no choice but to assume the end was here some time ago; but the future remains for the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment