Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

6.19.22

 

Happy fathers day to me and everyone similarly situated and happy juneteenth to everyone.

I was born less than 100 years after the civil war ended which means there were people in legal slavery in this country who were alive at the same time i was, albeit very few.  there were millions who lived with a form of effective slavery; and a padded form of that still exists.

Yesterday i met with a cousin who is living in dc and heard the stories of the tent cities on every corner.  The squaters are slaves to their economic conditions, the wealthy to their inability to solve the problem of providing adequate work and incentives for the squaters.  I suspect there are no tent cities in china or russia; but those people are still there and more slave-ish for the difference.

I spent the day looking at how to create mail lists and extract emails from outlook and gmail for my next book marketing thing.  I need to find a publicist.

It is beautiful here this morning.  The sun came up slowly and it was cool outside for a moment under the ceiling fan at least, the clouds were pink and yellow and scattered pleasantly above trees which even now several hours after i woke just have the tops lit with the full sun.

I took my glasses off  and it all faded into a blur, but it was still pleasant to look at.

WAFB: Entergy says set your thermostat to 78° this summer to save money.

https://www.wafb.com/2022/06/18/entergy-says-set-your-thermostat-78-this-summer-save-money/


Rode to the graveyard to say hi to the grand parents. It was sad but about 14 miles and I got in and brushed the pool for about 20 minutes of upper body combined with cooling down, shocked it lightly so I could still swim tomorrow and debatingwhat'snext. . 

I also started on taking marketing advice although I need to get the book published first,  edits being aggressively started. 

https://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/

It is something I can't afford and can't afford not to do.

Had to make myself lunch but I finally took a picture of this refined garden burger concept.  🍔 


No comments:

Post a Comment