Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

16 Traveling alone 2500 years ago and today-Miles from nowhere, guess I'll take my time 16

This morning I woke up at the end of the world.  It is difficult to work at the end of the world because it is so remote from everything. But I have gone to great lengths to fix things here.  I am getting ready to go back out into the cold winds of the end of the world.  I will try to send pictures...later
One will be of birds.   These black crows, what you would expect at the end of the world, do not have a song like other birds.  There is a long calling noise, almost a moan, as if they are talking to the dead.  The people at the end of the world don't recognize it for what it is because they are used to it, or perhaps they never hear the song of regular birds.  But it is definitely something unearthly and not a bird.
Those who wake up far away from everything, have something in common.  A sense of freedom underlined with a sense of disorientation and perhaps even fear.  Above it all is freedom.  The freedom of the open road, the fear of the unknown.  Excitement.
I am headed out into the unknown with the strange crows.  I cannot wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment