Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

The valient poet and the hydra

Don't expect my poems forever
Although I promised them to you
just as you lied to me about love
so perhaps I lied to you
just like you have replaced me
I will replace you one day
someone else will share
my days, my dreams, my heart
someone else will warm my bed
For I am the poet hydra
Every time you break me down
every cut you made to my soul
you only cauterized  my heart
it beats yet with all the scars
split into broken, beating pieces
and even you may be replaced
although you are irreplaceable
nothing can replace the pain
that we shared together
but we will both find someone
each more beautiful than each other
I will love more than you think
for that is the way of the valiant poet
to strive to do the impossible
and no one could love
more than I loved you
and no one could be
more beautiful than you
but the passion i have for you
has always had a place to go
to another woman's body
which ought to be yours
and these words on a page


The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself-Eddie Vedder (Who also wrote: "I don't need drugs to make my life tragic")

No comments:

Post a Comment