Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Zeno-Socrates dialogs Chapter 7 (of 17)



Zeno's paradoxes as the predecessor of all hologram theory: The Zeno-Socrates dialogs:
The Zeno-Socrates dialogs
Chapter 7
By Exia, a servant in Zeno's house and future grandmother to Eudoxus of Cnidus.


The scene is a remote area between Athens and Elea.  A lion's roar has just charged the air around the small circle of light made by a fire.
Exia who has been tending the fire turns nervously towards the sound.
“Come to me dear, I will protect you,” young Socrates says from the fire.
“We’re all getting ready to be hung or worse.  Don’t you think you could keep your manhood within your tunic?” Parmenides pleads.
“You are being excessively gloomy, my dear sir.  This fresh air seems to have increased all of my appetites.”
“Of for the love of god, Zeno, why must we travel with this boil on my old arse?”
“Because, my friend, we must get our stories straight unless you want your neck straightened and I’m afraid only young Socrates knows what our stories are supposed to be.”
“Perhaps our young satir wants to explain why were are going to Athens for our executions?”
“Indeed, young Socrates, the horses are tended, the lion appears to be at bey for the moment and whether we are eaten on the road or in Athens I think the time has come for you to explain what you are about.”
“Truthfully,” Socrates began, “it was all a matter of my enthusiasm for your teachings, to share with the world…”
“Oh for the sake of whoever brings the word of the gods at some later time, get to the crux of the matter.  It is bad enough I should be tortured in my old age by Draco without being tortured by your prevarication.”
“I was a little short, I’m afraid.  I realized the work you had would be of great interest.  I had a very clear scroll of the discussions.  A friend of mine is a scroller in Athens.  I thought the work could make me a few drachmas.  He agreed.  But your names were not on any of it, at least I am pretty sure it was not.”
“I will kill him myself,” Parmenides said grabbing a rusty sword and swaying to his feet.  Socrates looked with alarm and confusion.
“Calm yourself, please” Zeno said grabbing his friends arm.  “You will only make him suffer a shorter time.  Better to let Draco take his skin off one portion at a time.”
Parmenides seemed ready to shake him off, but he let the sword drop from his hands.  “Truly I am too old for all of this."

No comments:

Post a Comment