Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Poems

I often write several poems in one night.  Often times it is hard to decide which one I should post.  I think I should probably start posting funny things, cats playing with bunnies, so you will not think I am too bitter, too serious, too angry, that I have lost my sense of the joy of life.
Sometimes I worry that I have, and then I will find myself laughing out loud at some memory, ignoring the looks of those around me who think I must be mad.  For life is full of funny things and for those who seek it laughter is free.
I wonder if I can write poetry that is funny.  I have read a lot of funny poems.  I have no idea why mine are always sad, always about what seems to be just out of my reach.
And many probably open those poems, hoping to see me railing against the government or explaining some aspect of the universe, unseen before that moment, only to be trapped by a poem.  And what do they do?  Read it?  Curse, slam their computer to the ground?  Do they wonder if I get electrocuted by tears hitting my keyboard (only occasionally).
Perhaps they think I am a monster who writes of love, while feeling nothing.  That these words are possible without deep emotion.  Perhaps they are all plagiarized from some dead poet who did not have the wherewithal to destroy his work before he died; or a random poem generator, I'll admit that one could probably turn on the same quality work.
And I should post angry poems that condemn to go along with the funny ones, so that no one would ever know what to expect, laughter, anger, sadness, a plea for love; or what it is like to revel in love,  What would those readers think of that.
But no one knows they are all for you and I will never tell a soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment