Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Mirage

Whenever I swim a long way
I have to drink copious water
And the endless solitude
of going back and forth
allows my mind to wander

I wonder if I heard what is
or what i wanted in your voice
is it inviting or is it only my desire
the reflection of light on sand
or a true oasis in this empty place

how many comedians
have asked the same question
as they walked past the water
insisting it is only an illusion
but they always fall in

my thirst is not slackened
I think of your dry lips
then the wet tip of your tongue
making them shine
like the sun on the desert

so perhaps nothing is there
it was only my imagination
a phantom conversation
that slaked not the thirst
driving my desire for you

In darkness i remember you
a shimmering ancient heat
 i want to reach for you
but are you there waiting
or are you just a mirage

No comments:

Post a Comment