Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Zeno-Socrates dialogs Chapter 4 (of 17)

Zeno's paradoxes as the predecessor of all hologram theory: The Zeno-Socrates dialogs:
The Zeno-Socrates dialogs
Chapter 4
By Exia, a servant in Zeno's house and future grandmother to Eudoxus of Cnidus.


now edited and available on amazon! 


The two older men were dozing by a fire.
“This is really quite extraordinary,” Socrates said to Exia who was cleaning up, there being no one else to talk to except for a cur which slept between the fire and the other men.
“I suspect I understand it better than you do,” she replied, then she let out a gasp as Socrates grabbed her wrist.  The cur looked up.
“Don’t joke with me about this.  This is all really quite extraordinary.”
“Please let me go,” she said softly.
“Oh, sorry,” Socrates said releasing her.  “But if you do understand this, do not tease me.”
Exia looked at the young Socrates, the borrowed robe had come open.  She was uncertain how to take him, his reputation not being an honorable one, but his intellect rumored to be extraordinary and his loyalty to Zeno clear if disrepectful.  “What is it you want to ask me.”
“Listen to this from Parmenides, ‘The world is an unchanging, ungenerated indestructible whole.’”
“And?”
“And then Zeno writes this in response, ‘If time exists independent of linearity and dimension, then it may create things from nothing by becoming linear.  There is therefore a duality between what appears to be real and what is actually real.’”
Released, Exia walks to the chalkboard, “This series of equations points out that reality as  you know it falls apart as you get smaller and smaller, as things are cut in half and then cut in half again.”
“I don’t understand.  My head is spinning.  Will you sleep with me Exia?”
“I most certainly will not, nor will you get any more wine until I am ordered by my master to get it for you,” Exia said slipping out quickly before Socrates could get the energy to reach for her.

“She seems to understand,” Socrates said to the dog which had walked over during the conversation and who he petted absently.  “Oh but my head hurts badly.  But for the hair of the dog that bit me, eh boy?  Oho, what is this?  “It is all one to me, where I begin for  I shall return there.”  What does it mean?  Does it refer to death?  To life?”  Socrates falls back on his couch dropping the document to the floor and seems to fall asleep.  Then suddenly his eyes go wide.  He grabs the document he had dropped, looking to the two sleeping men and ignoring the fact that the robe has fallen off, he is up in an instant and out into the night clutching the scroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment