Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Zeno-Socrates dialogs: Chapter 2-Zeno's paradoxes as the predecessor of all hologram theory:


Zeno's paradoxes as the predecessor of all hologram theory: The Zeno-Socrates dialogs:
The Zeno-Socrates dialogs
Chapter 2
By Exia, a servant in Zeno's house and future grandmother to Eudoxus of Cnidus.
now edited, expanded and available on amazon 

It was a warm evening in Elia. A cool breeze is blowing in from the Tirrenian sea.
Young Socrates comes in, again without knocking. He looks disheveled but has a self satisfied smile on his face. His favorite couch is occupied by Parmenides, an even older man than Zeno. "Oh good," Zeno mumbles as he pulls out his stylus and takes a chair at a cluttered table, "I needed someone to be the lover."
"What is this young whippersnapper talking about?" Parmenides says, even older, he is also made more irritable than Zeno by the interruption.
"He's going to write my biography. He's decided to make me gay and you my lover."
Parmenides sighs. "You wear loose robes and everyone talks about you. My wife says I spent too much time with my students, this is what I deserve I suspect. And," he says looking at Zeno, "I spend time with unmarried men. I don't know why you waste any of your time on this miscreant."
"He seems intelligent enough when he is sober." Zeno says looking at Socrates.
"How would you know?"
"So what are you two working on?" Socrates asks, ignoring the comments at his expense.
"Parmenides, my so called lover," Zeno says, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "originally came up with the idea that everything comes from a single, motionless being."
"One god?" Zeno asks, intrigued by the idea, looking to Parmenides. "Are you a Hebrew?"
"Not hardly."
"Too bad, a gay, Jewish lover would have been a better story." Any can tell he is toying with the idea despite rejecting it with his words.
"So Zeno," Parmenides says, ignoring the pondering Socratic youth, "you've decided you agree with me?"
"It does appear very likely that motion and even dimension doesn't exist, that it is only an illusion of time."
"And that means that everything can come from a single particle or...if you accept your explanation Parmenides' a single "Being"."
"Sounds like subversive Hebrew propaganda to me," Socrates says. "It seems like Parmenides and you may end up with the poison wine glasses."
"Well, I have no intention of publishing the results so that you young people can make fun of us," Zeno says. "This has nothing to do with god and everything to do with existence."
"Tell me about it," Socrates requests getting out his stylus.
"Do you want to learn some math?" Parmenides asks.
"Well, that sounds like too much studying to me. I prefer to ponder."
"Perhaps," Zeno says, "we can explain it with a parable or two in conjunction with the equations on the wall?"
"Ahhh, we could make a game of it. See if we can get this young idiot to understand it."
Offended Socrates scribbles "Parmenides and Zeno are gay" surreptitiously on his tablet, but he says, "Sure, spring it on me."
The last of the sunlight coming in through the open ceiling fades and the room turns dark. "It is too late to try this tonight, but tomorrow, we will see what we can see."

No comments:

Post a Comment