Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Consistency

Why should I wonder
And why should I bother
To write all these lines
That I don’t know
If anyone will read
for sure no one understands
There are so many reasons
To save my thoughts
And my angst for the future
So someone will know
They don’t suffer alone
If ever the time comes
To settle the score
To compare the way
We both showed our love
I want mine to be given
In terms of continuity
And perhaps a little
In terms of retribution
For I would not want
You to think because I love you
Without exception
Despite all you did in the past
And all that you do to us now
And all you'll do in the future
For all of your your faults
And all your perfection
I would not want you to think
That you can get away with
Whatever you did
have done and will do
by what I write
every day and every night
Nor would I let you say
That ever a day went by
When you did not have
My hate or my love
That I wasn’t thinking about you

No comments:

Post a Comment