Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Traveling Alone 2500 years ago and today Part 5: Subsection on Projects

Traveling is a time for coming up with things to do, not a time to do them.  You make notes that are used for the future.  Some people have multiple homes, right now I feel like I have no home which is an insult to the homeless people that I'm supposed to be representing.

I am not, however, someone without a project.  I need my next writing project that is not editing, true, but I have no less than 3 second editions to do.  I have work, as much as one person should have, I'd think.  There are challenges enough in my life without going out looking for them.  There are roads enough for me without my having to go out on one and travel it.

My creativity issue.  Some people have to be doing something to prove their worth, they are not mature enough or have not found themselves enough or are not spiritual enough to be content with whatever it is that they are otherwise fulfilled by.

I am neither mature, content, nor particularly spiritual.  I believe in something bigger than myself, but I seem to have written God into some sort of mathematical black box which is no less a mystery than he was before (she, it, what have you) but requires me to decide how spiritual that whole logical attempt mess should be.

I am everything a person should not be.  Discontented, immature and of uncertain belief.  In short, it would only take a stiff breeze to set me completely off course, but for the fact that there is no course before me at all.

I think I will write an updated version of Don Quixote.  Oddly, the short story "The secret life of Walter Middy" is a milk toast version of Don Quixote.  Perhaps everything is a milk toast version of DQ.  Which is another way of saying perhaps we are all mad, we are all looking for an inn where we can sit together and drink Spanish wine and tell our stories and listen to those told by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment