Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Traveling alone 2500 years ago and today-Greek government and China's weaponized economy Part 1

Defining the right form of government is part of China's Weaponized Economy, but since Zeno's idea was raised, I think I'll put it in both places, a continuing overlap.
Before I get on to government, it is odd that Zeno was a philosopher who discussed both politics and fundamental physics where I am a hack who apparently does the same thing.  But I did not know about Zeno when I started writing about fundamental physics and I did not know about Zeno writing about politics even after that till I was traveling.
So let's start with the world of Zeno.  Democracy, the importance of the individual was being reborn after civilization had created slavery.  Government of a free people would slowly evolve into the Republic in Rome which for a short period of time would flourish into a golden age that would last less than 100 years and be followed first by dictatorship and then civil war that would destroy the Roman empire and Zeno's dream of a world government.
Of course Zeno wasn't the only Greek to look this way.  Alexander the Great sought in his own drunken way to bring the world under a single government and may have succeeded if he drank less and lived longer. Zeno philosophized, the drunk acted.  If you think that reading all this about Greek is difficult for me, you would be right, but I have my share of problems and you have yours.
And I'm not going to fully research what Zeno wanted, that's Zeno's thing, at least for the moment.  Zeno saw one world government, one political party.  I think a time may come where that would work, but this is not what I believe will work unless we can refine government a great deal more.
The lesson of our own government, increasingly ineffective and corrupt as the republic become more centralized.
The lesson of local and world government  is that the people suffer as things go from a balanced power to a centralized government and that everyone who isn't represented in government ends up being enslaved.  So what does this tell us about what the right form of a world government should look like?  That will be part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment