Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Traveling 2500 years ago and today-Part 3

Times change.
While driving I was listening to Troy University's version of NPR and was introduced to the successor to The Prairie Home Companion, a radio companion which I hold onto nostalgically.  However, the new version "WIT" is definitely trendier.  To quote a comedian on the program, they used words like "Super-dup". Oh, but if I could only convey it in context, you could share my smile.  Hip, trendy, with musicians like Tao Wynne (phonetic, not actual spelling) and a much younger version of Keller (Keeler?).  Whoever, I'll need to edit my blog to get the names right.  It is a delight or, better phrased, "Super-dup".

The image of an owl crossing the road at that transition time between dusk and night is one of the many things that I remember seeing on this trip, just as in a prior trip, I remember driving a hundred miles out of my way to see a mountain of sand which had somehow been deposited over time, which was too tall to climb all the way to the top at dusk.  At 50 feet above the rocky, almost impassible road bed, with the sun going down, looking out over the car, not at it, at the incredible barren waste that surrounded this remarkable mountain of sand; the "side-trip" out of the way turned out to be worth it, a moment of zen.

But where were we?  Ah yes, Traveling 2500 years ago and today.  We'll get back to that shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment