Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

What I'd give up before you

What would I give up
to hear your laugh
to see you smile
would I give up food
for just one day
i've done that before
for religious reasons
would i stop drinking
for how long
could you expect that
and how long
would be enough
and yet all of those
are things which
I would give up
to be with you
as long as I could
and perhaps even longer
for just one more night
and what would i give
it it was tonight
if it was the last night I had
if it was the last night you had
what would i give
to talk to you again
to know you are ok
to know if you love me
or if you have moved on
to see you were happy
and to hold you in my arms
and try to give you peace
and what am i willing
to give you up
and why would i chose
to give up everything
for anything
who could explain that
if I don't even know
perhaps the answer
lies in what love is
putting something before you
putting something before me
but is that really love
if it puts anything before us

No comments:

Post a Comment